FECON stands for Free educational consultancies organization of Nepal. It is the non-political, non-profit making professional Umbrella Organization of Education Consulting companies of Nepal. It was established under the Intuition organization Act 2034 in District administrative office Kathmandu Ministry of Home Affair Government of Nepal in the year 2065/09/27(2008) With the objectives of providing proper information and guidance to students and parents interested in sending their children for abroad studies, FECON is an active association of professionals keeping in touch of knowledge on every aspect in abroad study counseling and consequent student counseling and language teaching in Nepal. It is recognized highly by professional educational consultants association in the country, and given due recognition by the overseas education providers. As a leader of educational consultancies in Nepal, FECON is the leading consultancies association that not only controls and monitors all activities of its member consultancies, but also nurtures and maintains the country’s environment for international education and supports concerned stake holders for creating quality educational environment not only sending students abroad but also tries to bring international students If government creates environment and maintain quality to suit them.
When it comes to the education and its implementation in real world situations, FECON feels international education more practical, recognized as well as more applied. To make their place on the world, Nepalese students with an access to international education nurtured by FECON continuously persist on the boundary of ‘brain-gain’. Not ‘Brain drain’ FECON therefore foresees future outcomes too to the nation.
- Holds international seminars.
- Conduct education fairs once a year.
- Produce yearly newsletters in local magazines.
- Enhance awareness of study abroad.
- Hold meetings with embassies/consulates and other concerned authorities to include their suggestions in the agendas and implement them.
- Build strict code of conducts for operating office to its members
- Find scholarships.
FECON’s vision outlines its mission, and properly reflects its core areas of work in providing services with support to students, parents, education providers and its members. FECON believes in serving people professionally with passion and dignity.
FECONS’s mission is therefore committed:
- To make ‘FECON-for-all’ known and respected organization.
- To establish a healthy practice and a self-esteem professionalism in study abroad counseling services
- To generate the business equally valued by the institutions and people at home and abroad.
- To renovate every educational consultant ‘a service-oriented professional’ firm around the country.
The objectives of this Organization shall be as follows:-
- To defend the rights and interests of all educational consultancies throughout the country.
- To carry out the programs in collaboration with the concerned education authorities such as forming new educational policies, developing professionalism and giving training about educational counseling and other related matters.
- To provide information through various programs to avoid false information of the respective universities and colleges the students have chosen to study abroad.
- To protect against any ill-acts of consultancies such as cheating or misleading parents/students by working with the concerned authorities
- To implement the code of conduct on educational consultancies regarding the conduct of business and advertisement.
- To establish a strong relationship with the Nepal government, Ministry of Education, embassies and other concerned authorities.
FECON is committed further with the following four aims:
- To provide correct ,up-to-date information and proper counseling for the students
- To maintain and respect professionalism with ethics and codes of conduct in relation to abroad study counseling services
- To stay to gathering everyone concerned in one stage through frequently organized events such as orientation, training, Education Fair, Education Expo, Workshops from concerned authorities, industry experts and trainers.
- To safeguard itself, its members, students and parents against any misconducts in the industry. (Such misconducts include giving false information, scam and deceit. This can occur in either way: students and parents misleading and cheating consultants, and consultants misleading and cheating students and parents).
- To make the welfare of its members and fight for the members right and duties in their need who are operating their business legally.