Codes of Conduct on Educational counseling Service, 2065 FECON
These Codes of Conduct is framed and enforced subject to the Statute of free Educational Consultancies Association of Nepal, 2065 (2008).
Short title and commencement:
- These Codes of Conduct may be called as the Codes of Conduct on Educational Consultancy Service of FECON, 2065 (2008).
- These Codes of Conduct shall come into force at once.
- Definition: Unless the subject or the context otherwise requires, in these Codes of Conduct:
- “Statute” means the Statute of free Educational Consultancies’ Association of Nepal 2065 (2008).
- “Educational Consultancy” means the consultancy to be concentrated on the students desiring to study in their country and abroad.
- “Service charge” means the charge for the educational consultancy service.
- “Association” means the Free Educational Consultancies’ Association of Nepal.
- “Executive Committee” means the Executive Committee of the Free Educational Consultancies’ Association of Nepal.
- “General Assembly” means the General Assembly of the Free Educational Consultancies’ Association of Nepal.
- “Organization” means the professional firm and company registered pursuant to the law to concentrate educational consultancy service as per the Nepal Government law Company register Act 2006 including amended ACT 2016.
- “Member” means the member of the free Educational Consultancies’ Association of Nepal.
The members of FECON agree and comply with following codes of conduct
Codes of Conduct:
- members required to render the service on the basis of professional ethics subject to the professional ethics & dignity by maintaining proper and realistic corporal condition.
- To give accurate information on foreign educational institute (universities and colleges) suitable to the students by learning their requirement accurately.
- Not to concentrate consultancy on the matters not understood by the member itself or on the matters where the member itself is not authorized and to render consultancy only based on truth and facts.
- To give proper advice which would assist the student in selection of appropriate educational institute in term of educational level and economic capacity of the student desiring to follow study.
- To accomplish the acts only based on the written agreement concluded with the concerned student or guardian setting out all the matters including service charge and it shall not be permissible to perform other acts beyond the written agreement.
- It shall not be allowed at present to collect service charge more than Rs. 25000 and it is required to justify the amount to be collected.
- It is required to make the service charge fully transparent and to issue receipt against the service charge.
- Member agreed not to be allowed to collect charge or other charges on the basis of condition nor shall additional charge be allowed to collect on the basis of success.
- Member agreed not to be allowed to involve in preparing false and fictitious documents nor shall it be allowed to render assistance or advice to that effect.
- Member agreed not to be allowed to take the responsibility of, or to make the false arrangement of, TOEFL, IELTS and other test preparation matters nor advertise with free test preparation or NRS 2000 or like that.
- Member agreed not to be allowed to mislead, amaze and influence unlawfully.
- Member agreed not to be allowed to render consultancy services or advertise in paper by giving visa guarantee, admission guarantee, job guarantee or I-20 guarantee.
- Member agreed not to be allowed to incorrectly use consultancy profession as the means of income generation.
- Member agreed not to be allowed to appoint or engage in the activities of the organization a person involved in the financial dishonesty and malicious activities.
- Member understands always required to observe the instruction of the Association, give information to the Association on the matters of professional right and interest and to take advice from the Association with regard to the problems as ascended from time to time.
- Member must not be allowed to advertise in a manner to mislead or surprise others.
- Member must not give affected and irrelevant matters while making advertisement on education nor shall it be allowed to advertise such matters.
- Member must not advertise giving visa guarantee, I-20 guarantee, job guarantee or admission guarantee and free scholarship nor shall it be allowed to advertise any matter of guarantee.
- Member must not collect charge at any presence upon making advertisement stating free of charge and it is required to indicate the certain amount in the advertisement if any kind of charge is to be collected there from.
- The members must follow and comply with ministry of education government of Nepal Directives related to language teaching and educational counseling amended Directive 2073.
- The members must forcibly observe the following codes of conduct while providing service by carrying out the educational consultancy profession.
Codes of Conduct relating to advertisement:
- The members must compulsorily follow the codes of conduct concerning to advertisement: